8/10/2014

Mini Lessons on the Symbols in Astrology

You may have already noticed all the little symbols and signs involved in astrology. I’ll say right now, you have to learn these! When you finally work with the birth chart you will see nothing is spelled out, you have to understand the symbols and know what they stand for. As I have been reviewing my posts I realized I have not included them in the past. Now, my first post in a very long time will be all about the symbols in astrology (known as the glyphs) and what they mean.


Tips to learn: Practice practice practice! Draw the symbol with the word until you are comfortable enough to just work with the symbol itself. After some time test yourself, see if you can tell what the symbols are without the words.


Lesson One: The 12 signs




You may have also seen these drawings of the 12 signs as well:




Lesson Two: The Planets


A post describing the planets is coming up next. Keep your eyes out for it! It’s long overdue. :)


PLUTO has two symbols


Modern symbol:


Original symbol:


Use whichever you are comfortable with. But do get familiar with both.

* Pluto, the poor thing was discovered then recently demoted from the planet club. Each astrologer is diffident, I still choose to use and include Pluto.

**The Sun and the Moon are not planets, they are Luminaries. But for simplicity they are called "Planets".




*I do not know the original sources of these charts, and do not claim them as my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment